Friday, March 14, 2014

Inspiring Stamped Cards with Water-coloring!

As we get closer to finish our first challenge on water-coloring, I thought it will be awesome to share my sightings of amazing water-colored cards in the blog land!

First up, it is the uber talented Lisa Spangler's birthday card (see here). Her Pinterest board on water-coloring provides you some serious inspiration!
Happy Birthday by Lisa Spangler 
Don't you just love the saturation from the water-coloring? And her gold stitching, gem and sequins really enhance the overall design. It's all in the little details, right?
 Watercolored Poppies by Lisa Spangler
The details of her Poppy Flower card are here
You can see more of Lisa's beautiful work here here and here
Next up is a delightful card from Pamela Ho. Isn't her composition gorgeous? I love the trims and how she did the sentiment! And let's not forget the distressed edges from her frame! Swoon!
Neat & Tangled - Diamonds by *茵~, via Flickr 
This card from Cristina truly highlights all the loveliness from water-colors with lots of white space!
 Whatever You Decide Card by Cristina Kowalczyk for Papertrey Ink (February 2014)
 And who knew that a bit of water-coloring can look so stunning on a Christmas card?
Jacqueline's work always amazes me! Check out all of her entries for this challenge! I bet you will be totally inspired!
Jacqueline's Craft Nest
 Here is a UBER COOL one from Maria Fischer (Riesling Mama). Those water-colors totally evoke our sense of excitement and happiness! As Maria would say: "Viel Spass" (lots of fun)!



Lastly, here is a delightful watercolor painting that makes you ...happy!
watercolor cards - Google Search 
Watercolor Floral Bouquet Stationery Cards by Yao Cheng Design 
(from Pinterest)

I have enjoyed visiting every blog that you entered for this challenge! The real challenge is how to pick a Top 5 favorite! I wish I could pick 50! Hope you enjoy the eye candy today!
Happy weekend!

18 comments:

Barb said...

Wow - there are now 260 entries for your challenge, V! Amazing! So happy for you! ♥

Thank you for this fun post - wonderful watercolor inspiration for us!

aileen (mum) said...

I dont know how you will choose the top five. I have never seen so many beautiful cards all in one challenge, water colouring is cetainly a favourite amongest card designers. So much beauty.

maria f. said...

You gave yourself one tough assignment, Virginia. I'm sure it will be a family project this weekend ;) Thanks for the shout out. You are doing this "challenge thing" so well.

Deepti said...

Lovely set of inspiration :)

Shelly said...

Love all the creations! They certainly give you inspiration! :)

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards everywhere! Fantastic challenge Virginia. Don't envy you having to decide.

WitchyFingers said...

Wow, I love this! So many beautiful and inspirational cards in one place. What a fabulous challenge site :-)

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations on the new challenge, V, and the outpouring of love you are receiving by all these entries! I'm soooo glad I found time to play and show you my support! I am the start of page two and number 301!!!!!!!!!! Hugs, Darnell

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow, over 300 entries and still 2 more days to play! This must break all the records for a first challenge! Congratulations! Can't wait to see what the next one will be!

Karen said...

I just wanted to say what a fantastic challenge this has been and there are soooooooo many fabulous cards showcased here. Such an inspiration! wow....
thanks so much for all your time and effort with this Virginia.
hugs,
Karen

Bethany Stellpflug said...

I just wanted to tell you that I loved your Captain Picard picture you made and put on the Facebook page. I don't have Facebook, but I still check your page. :) We are huge Star Trek fans! I grew up watching The Original Series and Next Generation. Next Generation is my fave! :D

Katie Ann Brooks said...

All so lovely, I don't envy you making a choice! Love those that you found in blogland V!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a great challenge Virginia and so many entries!!!

Joni nina Andaya said...

So Many Gorgeous entries :) I cannot wait to see who will Virginia pick *-*

~amy~ said...

gorgeous inspiration!
359 cards...wow, you have your work cut out for you! Such awesome link ups to your fabulous challenge!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! I KNEW this would be a HIT Challenge, but 350+ Cards WOW!! I think this might rival the entries for Tim Holtz Tag Challenge each month!! Looks like your Challenge Blog is off to an AMAZING Start and I don't envy you with having to pick the Top 5 from this AWESOME Group of Entries!! CONGRATS on your New Challenge and I hope to play along in the future!! THANKS for sharing all of the Inspiration and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Jacqueline said...

Thank you so much Virginia for showcasing one of my Christmas cards - I am so enjoying ALL the inspiration on this blog!

KJK said...

Beautiful cards - how can I get the sources/names of stamp sets used? I'd like to try to duplicate.