Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Guest Designer--Keren Baker (Part 1)

Hello!! I am excited to have our 2nd guest designer for this month here! Please welcome Keren Baker from the UK! I first knew about Keren through Gallery Idol 2012 and shortly after that, I "discovered" Keren's numerous publications when I took out magazines from our local library! She and I (along with Taheerah) organized the biggest farewell blog hop for Cath last November. It's been such a pleasure to know this talented lady! Keren's style is creative, beautiful and eclectic. One of her many talents is stitching and sewing with cards! Here's Keren....

Keren:
I’m a work from home girl who is very lucky to be working nearly fulltime in the UK craft industry. I work for several magazines on a freelance basis & teach and demonstrate for a couple of retailers/manufacturers.


Products Used: Paper Artsy (Hot Picks)  
Descriptions from Keren: 
"Before I stitch, I tend to draw a faint line, then prick with a pricking tool, using some foam underneath 
I stamped the butterfly part, embossed in clear & used some markers, watered down to give a watercolour look.
For embellishing the butterflies, I added vellum trimmed to a similar shape & added buttons, adhesive stones & for the yellow butterfly, added a small circle with lots of French knots on it.
I trimmed a slither of cardstock to create the curved white ‘string’."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Wow....isn't Keren's card stunning? I know that you will be so inspired to add stitching to your designs after seeing Keren's project today. And lucky for us, Keren has another project to share with us here on the 11th! So please watch out for Part 2!

Please stop by Keren's blog and give her some blog love! Thank you, Keren, for sharing your BIG talent with us today!

10 comments:

Reusing with Quilling said...

Beautiful card !

~amy~ said...

Ooooohhhh...lovely work by Keren!

Dotty Jo x said...

Oh my! Jo x

donna mikasa said...

Keren's card is heavenly--and so is her stitching!

Barb said...

Wow! Those butterflies are so beautiful! Gorgeous card from Keren!

joy said...

So pretty! Love the stitching and the butterflies.

cm said...

Keren's card today is STUNNING! I'm obsessed with butterflies, and these are simply show-stopping gorgeous! Thank you for sharing and dazzling!!
c

Shelly said...

This is GORGEOUS!...sigh...

Marybeth said...

Love this! So you hand stitch ?

aaga said...

What a cool idea!