Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Guest Designer- Catherine Pooler

Hello hello! We are super honored to have our 3rd guest designer joining the fun here. The talented Catherine Pooler (founder and host of StampNation) was so kind to do this upon short notice! Catherine started StampNation back in 2010 and this online stamping community has been growing in leaps and bounds ever since. This tight knit stamping community has SN members coming from 23 countries. Catherine is the mastermind in providing weekly inspiration and videos for the members. I came to know Catherine just this March and we have fast become fabulous stamping friends! Catherine's teaching is always fun and clever. She often adds her own twist with awesome techniques and designs. And she is so down to earth that she would also share her trials and errors with you!   You often learn a few great tips from her just by watching her numerous
videos. You can subscribe to Catherine's You Tube channel here.

Without further ado, here is Catherine's video that she crated for our Tags and Scrapling Challenge (with a recycle item).

 Catherine: "Thank you, Virginia for inviting me to participate in your challenges!  I had a BALL making this tag.  Can you guess what the leaf is made out of and what I colored it with? You’ll have to view the video to find out :)
I keep a pile of leftovers and discards on my desk, so I pulled a few pieces from that pile and went to town.
  
Isn't Catherine's tag GORGEOUS!? 
 I love how she shared her creative process with us. She sure knows how to make great use of her piles of scraps!
My deepest thanks to Catherine for taking the time to create this tag/video for us. I know it's been a super busy time for Catherine and family since there are lots of dance recitals, relative visits and graduations going on in her household. Please stop by Catherine's blog and give her some love! 
If you would like more info about StampNation, please Click Here for Details.
I had seen some amazing entries coming in the last few days. Please keep them coming!

8 comments:

Barb said...

It sure is nice to know someone like Catherine goes through the same process that we do when creating - like trying different things and placements and changing her mind! I think a lot of us believe the best designers already know exactly what they want to do, every time they create. I really love and appreciate that Catherine shared the whole process! Her tag is gorgeous!

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE Catherine and her beautiful tag!

Shelly said...

AMAZING!!! LOVE Catherine's tag and video! Fun stuff! :)

Cindy C. said...

Yes Catherine's tag is gorgeous!! Really enjoy her video and her process!

Catherine Pooler said...

Thank you, Virginia, for asking me to participate! I was in a bit of a mojo slump and making this tag helped me get out of it....and I had so much fun!

Barb Ghig said...

Catherine's tag is gorgeous! I love how she paired the elements and added so much dimension to her tag! Thanks so much for the video...off I go to check it out!

~amy~ said...

WOW! Catherine's tag is amazing!

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful coloring on the vellum! Love all the texture on your tag Catherine:)