Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge # 5

 Welcome to Virginia's View Challenge! This month's theme is so common that it needs no introductions! It is Die Cut. Almost all card makers are familiar with using Die Cut. In the last 3 years, gadgets and techniques related to die cut have fast become an essential staple for any level of card-making. I have fun things planned for you this month. You are going to LOVE playing this challenge. 

Here are few samples that I made for this challenge. 
I used Avery Elle's Custom Panel Elle-ments for all of my cards.

you're seriously awesome
By using two other parts of this die cut set, I made a different kind of card.couldn't be happpier for you 
For the details of this card, please visit my blog (Yes, Virginia..). My 3rd example was created with
100% Die Cut. Can you spot which element I used in the Avery Elle's set? The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Scripty Thanks.
 thanks

  You can use ANY dies you have in your projects. They can be any shapes, sizes or forms. Sky is the limit! You can create whatever styles you like as long as it has at least a diecut, then it qualifies!


These are my humble goals that I am aiming to achieve:
1. to foster the love of stamping/card making among the online community
2. to grow as a stamper/card-maker regardless of level and experience
3. to make new friends and encourage the camaraderie amongst the participants/blog followers. 


The challenge will run till the 18th (11:55pm Eastern Time) and there will be a SPOTLIGHT feature on the 25th. In this feature, I will be highlighting a few of the participants' work. We can all be oohing and aahing about a WOW design that deserves to be admired and appreciated. You are encouraged to link up as many as projects as you like. Cards, scrapbook layouts, altered projects... anything with paper, stamps and inks involved are welcome! If the linked project is not related to the challenge, it will be deleted.  Don't have a blog? No problem! Any link (Flickr, FB page, Splitcoaststampers, Pinterest...) is welcome! You can use the challenge photo as your inspiration (optional).


In order to qualify for the top prize ( $25 from Simon Says Stamp)
~your project has to be NEW (not linked back to a previously made project)
~you have to be a follower (you can use Bloglovin') of this blog
~you are welcome to combine other challenges, please limit your total number of challenges to no more than 4.
Our Sponsor: Simon Says Stamp 
Our Top Winner (randomly selected from Top 10 Favorites) will receive a $25 voucher!
  AWESOME, eh?! 
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StoreFront

NEW---> for one time only: One lucky random winner (from the entries) will get a set of Avery Elle's Custom Panels ELLE-ments !  (Thank you so much, Jamie over Avery Elle!) The more you enter, the more chances you will win this awesome dies!


We will have MEGA (yes, MEGA) guest designers to inspire you in our next few posts. You definitely do not want to miss it! But for now, put your thinking cap on and start making some die cuts...

36 comments:

Dawn Turley said...

Totally Awesome Virginia. I'm right in the middle of doing a mixed media tag with a tag I die cut with a Tim Holtz tag die... I will have finish it and enter it. I really love using dies.

Marianne said...

Wonderful cards, Virginia, and such a fun challenge. I do hope I'll be able to participate this time.

Crafterkhush said...

These are amazing. .

Gunilla/Nilla said...

Love your pretty cards AND this challange is so much fun.
I LOVE LOVE to play with dies....so I´m in for sure!

Have a lovely day/Gunilla

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

yesssss! Super excited for this challenge theme... now I need to get those dies out I haven't used and put them to good use! Thanks so much!

Shelly said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! Love it! Now, to start thinking and creating! ;)

joy said...

This will be a great challenge, Virginia! I hope to find time to make at least one card. My summer is getting busier each day!!

Sheila H said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful inspiration cards Virginia! Hope to play along!

Happy Canada Day!!

sandie said...

Looks like a fun challenge and I really hope I get inspired when I get back from my hols x

Barb said...

Your cards are amazing, Virginia! Love the very clever way you used that die-cut set! Fun challenge!

Martha said...

Virginia, you've created some BEAUTIFUL cards with die cuts!

Thanks for another FUN challenge & for the wonderful inspiration you provided!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I'm so excited that you've chosen die cuts for this challenge, Virginia! Your cards are AMAZING! I love how you embossed the sentiment on the first one so much...Loving the waves, too! I'm really looking forward to playing along again...your challenges are always so much FUN!

FYI: Your blinkie links to last month's challenge. No biggie for me, but I thought you should know :-)

donna mikasa said...

Yay for dies! What a fun challenge, Virginia! And I absolutely LOVE your "patchwork" card. I think I spy AE's Custom Panel in there! Can't wait to see your GDs, too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia way to set a challenge so on trend! Love your sample cards, and you know I will be playing! Happy Canada Day my friend!

Laura Norris said...

Wonderful examples! I have had my eye on that Avery Elle set after it have seen it in use. Now it has become a must have !! Can't wait to play along.

Judy Tuck said...

Your cards are awesome Virginia and thanks for a fun die challenge. I also have that Avery Elle set on my wish list.
Oh and Happy Canada Day :)

Cris G said...

Oh, this will be a totally fun challenge... die cutting is one of the most (or THE most) favorite technique of mine.
Very creative and gorgeous samples, thank you.

Shari Trumbull said...

WOW! The possibilities with Dies truly are endless with your latest challenge, Virginia! You completely showed us that with your 3 inspiration cards! Fabulous! Thinking cap is definitely on!! XOXO-Shari

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful challenge, I need to make time to enter. I missed the last two. Your cards are fab, Virginia. This will be another standout much participated challenge I bet!

Laura B. said...

wow! amazing cards that really showcase die cutting fabulously!!

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous, Virginia! I love how you played with the AE dies, especially to create the waves on your first one!

Thanks so much all the inspiration you provide for us, and for all the work you put into your challenges...I can't believe it's #5 already :-)

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia!

aaga said...

Unfortunately, I don't have a die-cutting machine, it's too expensive here. So I'll have to skip this one. :-(
But I'll still be checking out other's creations. :-)

Helen F. said...

Oh how fun! I am such a fan of dies~too lazy to fussy cut these days, plus the card results is always ...well, almost always ;-) so professional looking.
Virginia, your cards are all so beautiful and inspiring!

Cornelia W said...

Die-cutting is always fun - thanks for the challenge, Virginia!

Rema said...

Beautiful cards Virginia!

Pam Sparks said...

Thanks for the inspiration and the fun challenge Virginia! Die cutting is right up my alley!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Thank you for another fun challenge, V!! Your inspiration cards are brilliant!! Hugs, Darnell

D- said...

I just found you. What a fun challenge.
Your cards are so cute. Thanks for sharing.
**** NOTE! Please delete my entry #125. I misunderstood the 4 challenge limit with a 4 entry limit until I read the rules a little closer.
I'm a newbie here and will definitely be back to share another project real soon.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
{new email and Google follower}

Vanessa said...

Thank you for the fun challenge, Virginia!! Love your samples!

vilma said...

Thanks so much for the challenge, all the inspirations are beautiful!

vilma said...

Thanks so much for the challenge, all the inspirations are so beautiful.

Kate said...

YAY! found some time to enter :) Thanks for another fun challenge.
Kate xx

Jeanette M. said...

Beautiful cards and fabulous challenge! I love using dies!

Helen Liu said...

Hi Virginia,
This challenge offers endless opportunities for creativity. Thanks for offering a chance to win yummy products too!