Friday, August 1, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge # 6


Hello, friends! Are you excited to embrace another new theme for the challenge? This month's challenge is a fun and creative one. Since we are in the middle of summer, why not get in shape to fit into that bikini outfit...yes, we are talking about SHAPE cards! For this very special occasion, I made a VIDEO for you (see You Tube)!

 

Get creative with your die cut, Silhouette, Cricut....or any hand drawn shapes that your heart desires!
relax

 As long as your card is not a rectangle or a square, then it qualifies! 
 Here is a useful link to get you started if you want some free patterns to get creative!

These are my humble goals that I am aiming to achieve:
1. to foster the love of stamping/card making among the online community
2. to grow as a stamper/card-maker regardless of level and experience
3. to make new friends and encourage the camaraderie amongst the participants/blog followers. 


The challenge will run till the 18th (11:55pm Eastern Time) and there will be a SPOTLIGHT feature on the 25th. In this feature, I will be highlighting a few of the participants' work. We can all be oohing and aahing about a WOW design that deserves to be admired and appreciated. You are encouraged to link up as many as projects as you like. Cards, scrapbook layouts, altered projects... anything with paper, stamps and inks involved are welcome! If the linked project is not related to the challenge, it will be deleted.  Don't have a blog? No problem! Any link (Flickr, FB page, Splitcoaststampers, Pinterest...) is welcome! You can use the challenge photo as your inspiration (optional).
 
Our Sponsor: Simon Says Stamp 
Our Top Winner (randomly selected from Top 10 Favorites) will receive a $25 voucher!
  AWESOME, eh?! 
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StoreFront


23 comments:

Barb said...

What a fun challenge, V! Loved the video! That beach ball card is so adorable!!! ♥

Rahmat said...

Oh my I love shape cards! I think mine will be a late entry, I will make a card once I get home to my supplies in another 2 weeks time... and Virginia, your beach card rocks :D

Barb Ghig said...

Another great idea for a challenge! I can't wait to start going through my dies to see what I come up with...Thank you so much for all the work you put into these challenges every month! You ROCK!

Love your beach card, too! A beach ball is such a fun idea, and I love all the little elements you added to create your scene, especially the cork...very clever!

Rahmat said...

Just added a previously made card, but will surely add another 1 or 2 :)

Shery said...

What a fun challenge! Looking forward to playing along. Love your beach ball inspired card, Virginia!!

Leni said...

Fun Challenge! I am going to think....

~amy~ said...

beach ball...I LOVE it!
Thanks for this challenge...I love the look of shaped cards but never seem to design them. Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

conil said...

What a darling card. So clever...the the cork "sand" and all the little embellishments you added.

Cindy C. said...

Super cute card Virginia! And I really like the "extra something something" on the card! Really enjoyed your video. I definitely would make time to play, because I've discovered that I like shaped card more than I thought I would! :D

Shelly said...

Fun, fun, fun! Love your card...So cute!

ThePurplePlace said...

Oh this really sounds like a lot of fun and will have us all being extra creative!

Thanks for the fun idea, now to think about what I can create!

Bobby said...

It's been a while since I've made a shaped card so I'm looking forward to this challenge. Your beach ball is so cute with all it's little images.

D- said...

Yikes shape cards is one thing I make very little of but I'll give one a try soon.
Your beach ball card is ADORABLE!!! Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Martha said...

What a darling card & fun theme, Virginia! Love your video...you cracked me up. :)

Taunya Butler said...

Great - I am so very excited about this challenge!! Shaped cards - how truly fun will that be!!

Niki G said...

So fun Virginia! Love how you die cut the ball and your cork sand. Thanks for the video!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful video and links. So much fun, great challenge.

Angi Barrs said...

Such a fun challenge! Love your video! I had fun playing along!

Greta said...

I love shaped cards & I'm thinking the wonky rectangle will qualify as not a rectangle, but if not, just delete it. Fun challenge, Virginia!

Dotty Jo x said...

Hey, I thought Dr. John was the comedian in your household - love your MM voice! Great video and another brilliant challenge, Jo x

Ruth G said...

I love shaped cards! I just found your challenge and am so excited to play along! Thanks for the great video (I love how you created your own colored paper with the ink pads and your own shaped card with a simple circle die!)
Have a great one!

Cris G said...

I'm a little late to welcome the new challenge, but is still worth doing so. Shaped cards aren't really my "thing", but I will try to think of something just to join in the fun. Looking for the entries already here, it looks like paper crafters are having a lot of fun in your challenge, Virginia :).

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for the challenge, Virgina!