Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Guest Designer--Joni Andaya

 Hello friends!
It is my pleasure to introduce you to our next guest designer for this Layers and Dimensions Challenge. You may have seen her beautiful work all over blogsphere already.... Please welcome Joni Andaya

I got to know Joni through my previous DT work. Joni designs for Wplus 9, Winnie & Walter and Pretty Pink Posh. Joni's work always wow me with her incredible details and vibrant colors. Her crazy good skills propel her to be a much sought-after stamper/designer.  Let's get started, shall we?

Joni: Hello Everyone, I am honored to be here Guest Designing with Lovely Virginia :) The Challenge for this month is all about layers and dimensions. For my project I used Winnie & Walter Essentials: Audrey Cutaways and started layering it with the ginormous "hi" from In a Word: Hi Cutaways

Joni: To begin, I first die-cut the largest frame from the Essentials: Audrey Cutaways  and watercolored it. Then die-cut the big "hi" and watercolored some more; lots of playing on how to make my flower look like flowers. If you have not tried watercoloring yet, you've got to give it a go, because its really relaxing and there's no wrong way to do it; its up to you how you want your image or images to look like :) plus its just plain fun.

Joni: I then die-cut 4 more "hi"s and adhered them on top of each other to create dimension on my card. Next, I added some vellum flowers that have been heat embossed in gold; then fussy cut using the flower images that I designed for Winnie & Walter In Bloom: Lola's Bouquet. 

To finish off the card I added a strip of dark grey cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment "beautiful" from The Big, the Bold and Friends.

Joni: I hope you guys enjoyed!
Thank you so much for stopping by :)

How about that!? Joni's work is so inspiring. She layered the elements with vibrant colors, stamped images, vellum and embossed... it's a treat to see! Please stop by Joni's blog and leave her some love.
Lastly, I want to tell you that your entries have been so amazing! I can't even think about picking Top 10 Favorites because we have well over 400 entries (crazy, huh?). Thank YOU!

8 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Joni's card is layer licious.

~amy~ said...

Swoon....love Joni's card!

Angi Barrs said...

Joni's card is gorgeous!

Ruby N said...

I LOVE Joni's cards!!! She is so great at her cards, her colors, her layouts!!!

Amante del Papel said...

beautiful card!!!!

Cindy C. said...

Joni's card looks amazing!!

Shelly said...

Yay, Joni! Gorgeous card!

Taunya Butler said...

Oh, MY!!! Beautiful and Stunning!!!