Friday, June 12, 2015

More Monochromatic/Ombre Inspiration

Hi friends!
Have you joined the challenge yet? There is still TIME to enter. 
I am popping in for a quick post about Monochromatic/Ombre inspiration.
I have 2 similar interpretations.
015
 This is how I did it...
In order to control the density and shades of purple, I created my own watercolor paper with Spectrum Aqua Markers. You can use any type of medium: distress inks/markers, Zig pens, Peerless, Zig Kuretake Gansai...etc. They will all work.
I then selectively made the die cut and put them on card stock. Easy peasy!
Here is another example in blue. enjoy yourself
Monochromatic/Ombre cards do not have to be boring.  The designs are much more interesting with the variation of hues and shades. Don't ya think?
I hope this challenge inspires you to create. Your best work might just be the NEXT one!
Thank you so much for stopping by!



I hope this inspire you to create. Your best work might just be the NEXT one!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

13 comments:

Kim M said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia! Love that flower die. :-)

Cindy C. said...

Wow very beautiful and dramatic results!!!

maria f. said...

Just love those purples! That die rocks too.

Kara Lynne said...

These monochromatic flowers are so gorgeous! That die is perfect with your technique. I hope to play along!

conil said...

Once again, WOW! You must be the most patient card maker out there. That and your vision is fantastic. You always seem to know where you're creativity will take you. That's so admirable and I always love the results.

Taunya Butler said...

YOUR cards ALWAYS knock it OUTTA THE PARK!!! These two are just super duper awesome and BEAUTIFUL!! Love how clean and crisp they are - what a fabulous die and the colors are so amazing in all those hues!! You have done so good - so impressive!!! Hope you are having a wonderful, beautiful day!!

Tess Hackett said...

Love those cards. I love the Ombre challenge because I get to see what everyone else is making to and it gives me more ideas.

Carol McCready said...

The cards are gorgeous. Love them.

Shannon McComb said...

Wow! Both are stunning! Love the colors on both!!

Shelly said...

These are STUNNING!

bettina said...

Beautiful use of the die!
What product did you use to adhere the lacy parts with? Just dabs of glue or ... ? thank you

Virginia Lu said...

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone!
To Bettina: I used Multi Medium Gloss Glue. With the help of a TOOTHPICK, I can apply the glue very easily! I just added that to the product links now.

aaga said...

Oh boy, I've just missed the deadline by one day. :-(