Friday, December 4, 2015

Guest Designer-May Park

Hello, friends! 
I am super excited to have a returning guest designer to inspire us here. It was through this challenge blog that I "discovered" her talent (like some of you did). Her style is fun, fresh, colorful and creative. Her beautiful work can be spotted over Altenew and Neat & Tangled Blog. She recently designed this gorgeous stamp set...

s
Oriental Orchid Korean (also comes in English version)
Please welcome the super sweet and talented May Park from Mayholic in Crafts! I want to thank May for this amazing guest design project. Be sure to leave her some love in her You Tube channel and blog.

May: Hello, crafty friends! Today I’m so excited to share a Valentine's Day card that I made for Virginia’s View challenge as a guest designer this month. Here is what I came up with:

May: I started by blending three shades of pink on a white cardstock using blending tools and Altenew Crisp Inks: Frosty PinkCotton Candy, and Coral Berry. Then I created a subtle stamped background by stamping the outline images from the Beautiful Day stamp set. After that, I added gold glitter strips on both sides of my card using some extra fine gold glitter and 5 mm Scor-Tape.
May: To create my own glitter heart, I covered a piece of white cardstock with Scor-Tape and die cut a heart using the retired heart die from Stamping' UP. Then I sprinkled some gold glitter on the entire heart. After mounting the heart on the card front with dimensional adhesive, I die cut 'with love' five times from With Love Word die and stacked them together and adhered the word die cut onto the heart.
May: Next, I heat embossed the sentiment from the Oriental Orchid stamp set with Liquid Platinum embossing powder on a piece of black cardstock. I finished off the card with some Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

May: This is a video showing you how I created my card. You can watch the video tutorial here or in HD on YouTube. If you like this video, please give it a thumbs up. I really appreciate your support and love.
May: I’m so happy with how my Valentine's Day card turned out. Hope you all enjoyed my card and got some inspiration to make your own glitter card. Thank you so much for stopping by today. Happy crafting!

11 comments:

Ruby N said...

Such a beautiful card! I really thought that was glitter cardstock!!! Nice job! :D

Purvi Gadewar said...

This is card is so so beautiful! Thanks a lot for the tutorial!

honeybeelane said...

May rocks!

~amy~ said...

stunning...love May's work!

Helen Gullett said...

Gorgeous card, May! Love love your colors with the gold glitter heart.

Celeste Goff said...

What an amazingly beautiful card May! Your cards are always beautifully put together!

I Card Everyone said...

You have one of my favorites here today, Virginia! May is so talented and really so, so sweet, and humble. I'm dashing over to watch her make this beauty, and can't wait to send you something sparkly, Virginia!
=] Michele

Hussena said...

What a gorgeous card ..Love the way you have created the glittered heart and the beautiful background .

Shelly said...

Yay, May!! GORGEOUS card!!

conil said...

May's work is always lovely & inspiring. This is a gorgeous design and so meticulously executed, just like all her creations.

donna mikasa said...

Glittery and gorgeous!